Design Manager (Naval Architect)
A Middle management level position as the key stake holder in ensuring the effective and successful design deliverables towards the relevant accountable inputs & assignments across the divisions of Navgathi/Navalt/ XShip. To lead the design activities involved in the In-house design (Navgathi/Navalt), XShip Client design (External) and Product Development – R&D (Design Inputs).
- Adherence to all set deadlines with overall responsibility for the design outputs from the tasks/assignments allocated.
- Ensure timely delivery of drawings, reports or any other deliverables to the client/management.
- Undertake the Principal Designer duties on behalf of the company, ensuring the design teams comply with the requisite norms and standards.
- Ensure equal distribution of work among the team members
- Identify the improvements required among the team-mates and provide training wherever necessary.
- Coordinate with the respective head of the department to decide the priority and delivery schedule of the projects
- Submission of design drawings to class and follow up.
- Coordinate with the production dept and ensure timely delivery of production drawings.
- Assist the production team to understand the drawings, and for any clarifications they might have. Conduct/Arrange necessary site visits to ensure the construction is going on as per design.
- Support the Performance Analysis team whenever design support is required.
Requisite Qualifications & Skills:
- Tech or BE in Naval Architecture with 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Deep understanding of the Naval Architecture concepts and should be Well versed with all major IACS class requirements.
- Experience working in both stability and structural domains and must have hands-on experience in basic and structural design.
- Experience in design consultancy is preferred and previous experience working closely with multi-national clients will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical bent of mind.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills