Client: Irrigation Department, Kerala State, India
Sub-contractor: APM Marine
Scope: Complete Design including cutter blade, Production Drawings and technical support during construction stage.
Summary: The project was for two dredgers. The design and dimensions were made as per a market study on the performance of existing dredgers and customer survey done on current users in the Kerala waters.
Status: First vessel launched. Second vessel under construction
- Length overall (LOA) – 16.00 m
- Length of pontoon – 11.50 m
- Breadth moulded – 3.5 m
- Depth moulded – 1.25 m
- Draught moulded – 0.7 m
- Maximum dredging depth – 6 m
- Spud length – 9 m
- Diameter of discharge pipe – 300 mm
- Diameter of suction pipe – 355 mm
- Engine – Catterpillar 3460C: 298 KW (400 BHP) @ 1800 rpm
- Main Pump – Metso HG 250S: 750 cu.m/h